The site of this charming village, situated in the north extremity of Val-d'Oise, is mentioned under the name of Calvo Monticulo in the bubble of the Pape Eugène III, in 1147.
But already in 1004, we find the track of the earth of Outreville, on which is at present a private house.
Formerly dependence of the castle of Chaumontel, Calvo Monticulo indicated the hill at the foot of which developed the village.
In 1233, the existing chapel is set up as parochial church; she is placed under the word of Notre-Dame of the Christmas in 1528.
The Lords of Chaumontel appear from the XIth century.
In the XVIIIth century, the seigneury, castle, fief of Pralet and mill of Husk dating 1238 (later called mill of Glanne), is the property of the Cop.
It is at that time, by 1750, that the gardener of the castle obtained, after multiple graftings, Besi de Chaumontel, pear buttered, stemming from a Swiss chard brought back in 1670 by Agathe Pain.
Village with agricultural vocation until the XIXth century, Chaumontel saw becoming established an active and famous crafts (lace of Chantilly, tabletterie, metallic pearls exported in England and in the USA), and of light industries.
The municipality, situated altogether urban, Chaumontel-Luzarches extends over 423 hectares at the foot of the coast of Orléans (peak: 122 m), earth up witness which marks the transition between the Plain of France and the big forest massifs.
Crossed by Ysieux, the valley of which is classified within the regional Natural reserve Oise-Pays of France, Chaumontel is near historic sites, such as Royaumont or Chantilly and forests of Carnelle, Chantilly, Halatte and Ermenonville.
- The Castle of Chaumontel:
Former residence of hunting and leisure activities (XIVème-XVIIIème century) princes of Cop. Over the centuries, the castle knew numerous reorganizations. Surrounded with a raised park and with an ornamental lake, he welcomes seminaries today.
- The church of the Christmas of the Virgin Mary - on 1233:
The existing chapel is set up as parochial church; she is placed under the word of Notre-Dame of the Christmas in 1528. In this church we can see a statue of the wooden Madonna and Child dating 1400 there.
- The Wash house:
Built on the right bank of Ysieux, this wash house was initially intended for the washerwomen established on the West by the village. He is simpler in his realization than that placed in the center of the village.