The hamlets of Champlâtreux, Epinay and Trianon train the country of this municipality.
The Neolithic activity, then Gallic, is attested in Trianon by a housing environment of type vicus, village.
Of Gallo-Roman period remain four sites: a small villa or an exploitation agricultural, in service of Ier in the Vth century and three rustic housing environments of the IVth and Vth century. The place says " The Palace ", near Trianon, is an extension of the residence of the big Merovingian dignitaries of the VIIth and VIIIth century.
A church is mentioned in Trianon in the XIIth century and to Epinay in the XIIIth century.
The Castle of Champlâtreux-XVIIIème century
This castle is one of the most beautiful of Val-d'Oise. At the heart of the Country of France, he was built from 1751 for Mathieu-François Molé, president of the parliament of Paris.
Inside, lounges, corridors and apartments are conceived for the parties and the receptions. Numerous movies are turned in this authentic frame.
The castle of Champlâtreux keeps the memory of the passage of characters illustrious as François-René de Chateaubriand who often stayed there under the Restoration, the poet Anna de Noailles ( 1876-1933 ) who liked going to it to his parent-in-law, the duke and the duchess of Noailles.
This castle also possesses a big park (with an icebox), stables (as beautiful as those of Chantilly).
Designed to receive and give brilliant parties in the XVIIIth century, the Castle of Champlâtreux welcomes ideally the wedding evenings, the receptions, the balls with its four lounges with decoration of time, among which three in a row and a beautiful stone entrance and a marble.
Historic witnesses of Epinay-Champlatreux:
- The farm of the Trianon 1657:
Strengthened manor house kept his close friend of entrance surrounded with two tours which protected him. Today a farm occupies this place with its agricultural resources such as cereal, corn, beet or breeding.
- The church holy Eutrope - XVIIIth century:
First bishop of Saints, saint Eutrope was probably tortured in the IIIth century. The place where is built the church of Epinay delivered vestiges of Gallo-Roman time, just like the neighborhood of the fountain holy Eutrope. Saint Eutrope is honored to Epinay before the church disappears and before the hamlet is connected with Champlâtreux. This church was built at the same time as the castle.