Recent discoveries give evidence of a human activity from the Neolithic. The village is quoted from the year 832 in an indicating order that the income of his lands had to be of use to clothes and shoes of the members of a religious order of Saint Denis's abbey.
Dry territory, where from his significant name of Villiers-le-Sec, no fountains, but puddles, country of plowings.
Agricultural village was situated on the road Paris-Amiens, it develops especially in the XVIth century with the construction of its church and important farms.
To Villiers-le-sec, the history speaks to us
- The church Saint Thomas de Cantorberry - XVIth century
She was reconstructed on former bases. She possesses a double nave with central pillars in capitals with volutes resuming a decorated with mouldings base. The extremity of the chorus ends by a flat bedhead, which gives onto the main street of the village of Villiers-le-Sec.
- The farm - on 1551
The rests of this former strong house are reshaped in farm in the XVIIIth century. The entry porch flanked by a tower squared with little outside opening he give an aspect of fortress.
- The drinking trough in stoneware restored in the XXth century
Source of natural water fed by a got spring.