The Domain of Champlâtreux was established from 1515 then acquired in 1614 by the family Molé. They decided to extend the Domain to give him his current dimension.
Belonging to the gentry, Molé, occupied the highest functions of the Ancien Régime at the end of the Restoration. The last of the name, Mathieu-Louis, the count of Molé, was a Secretary under the Empire and Prime Minister of King Louis-Philippe who held advice in the castle.
Champlâtreux welcomed and inspired the writers illustrious like Chateaubriand, close friend of the count of Molé and the poet Anna de Noailles who lived often in the meantime wars there.
Private Guided tours-visits-conferences, personalized on request.
Support by a Guide Speaker - From 20 people.
Information and reservations with the Tourism Welcome Val-d'Oise: www.valdoise-tourisme.com